Teen angst.





The other day I stopped by the Tompkins Library to see a panel of young adult authors read old stuff they wrote when they were in junior high and/or high school. I love young adult fiction-though I'm in my 30's I read the stuff all the time. Partly because I am trying to write my own YA novel, and partly because I just like it. The reason I stopped by was because Scott Westerfeld was speaking..I love his "Uglies" trilogy..and so do many others judging by the amount of folks who showed up to hear him, both young and old. The panel was really funny..their old writings were so painfully bad. They could barely get through them because the whole room was in hysterics...Scott won the crown and the title "King of Suck" because his writing was voted the worst..They were all pretty damn bad..and now they represent the most popular authors in YA fiction. The pics I took are pretty lame..they all have demonic eyes and look annoyed I was snapping pics..Such is the price of fame!



Well, if my YA novel never gets written or doesn't sell I can always try to write some Dr. Seuss in yiddish I guess...