Whose watching the Watchmen?


I for one thought Watchmen was really well done. Saw it tonight in IMAX which is NEAT-O in case anyone was wondering...I read some of the lousy reviews saying the actors weren't allowed to bring anything to their roles and it was TOO faithful to the comic..It was incredibly faithful for sure..some changes to the ending but nothing that bothered me too much. I LOVED the fact that so much of it looked exactly like the panels of the comic book. I was really blown away that this movie finally got made and that obviously so much time was spent trying to make the comic come alive exactly as it was written. When I read stuff online about Keanu Reeves playing Dr. Manhattan or Tom Cruise maybe cast as Adrian, the nerd in me cringes. I felt thrilled with this film and relieved... I was scared they were going to change it and make it ridiculous..give it a happy sunshiny ending where everyone teleports to Cabo San Lucas and drinks fruity drinks while working on their tans. Apparently Alan Moore wants nothing to due with Hollywood and the film industry, but I would like to believe he is okay with what they did with this. A film should be made about Moore himself I think...he's quite the character.

This is from his Wikipedia page:


......Moore was born in Northampton, England to brewery worker Ernest Moore and printer Sylvia Doreen. He lived in a very poor area, and was expelled from school in 1970 at the age of 17 for dealing LSD,[13] later describing himself as "one of the world's most inept LSD dealers".[14] With his first wife, Phyllis, he had two daughters, Amber and Leah. The couple also had a mutual lover Deborah.[15] In time, Phyllis, Deborah and the two children left Moore. [16] On 12 May 2007, he married Melinda Gebbie, with whom he has worked on several comics.[17] He currently lives in Northampton. He is a vegetarian, an anarchist,[18] a practicing magician and occultist, and he worships a Roman snake-deity named Glycon, which he acknowledges to be a "complete hoax.".....






I mean , how great is this man? I just love him to pieces..


On a separate note I saw Jack Ferver in the subway on the way downtown from the film..He played Jimmy Tickles on the best TV show ever created, "Strangers With Candy." He is also The Little Lad in that weird Starbursts ad (berries and cream, berries and cream, I'm a little lad who loves berries and cream!!!)...
Jack is awesome and has a dance show going on at St. Marks Church in April..I'm going check it out-it's got to be interesting!


Behold, The Little Lad: