Stephen Talkhouse gig and basement 78's



















Welp, here a a zillion, yes exactly ONE ZILLIOn pics from our trip to Amagansett NY to play..We stayed at Joe Lauro's house with his awesome wife Karen, Robert Crumb, Dom Flemons, and Sherwin Dunner.. It was a fun, mellow weekend and the gig was packed and just awesome! What a fun time..I love signing my autograph on the cd's and though Robert doesn't care to sign autographs that much I think, he did sign some a lot stuff for his fans before heading upstairs to the private dressing room they had..

Here are some pics of me in the basement 78 room full of stuff!..Sherwin and I, Dom looking through the stacks, John and Robert and Dom all intently focused on the shellac..

I love the fact that Robert used my hologram skull pick to play the mandolin..man, he is great on that instrument! Then there are some from The Stephen Talkhouse gig..John and Bob, Bob and Joe Lauro on the stand-up bass, Dom wowing the crowd, Robert having fun..

Oh, and I had to get me and Karen and their huge adorable poodle! And that genesis book with all its begats..I plan to read it this week..what a lot of work Bob put into that project..

We have Robert showing me some 78's, and a signed poster from all of us..John, Bob, Dom, and I..whee! And Dom had a vinyl copy of Louie Bluie, a great film that Terry Zwigoff did that will soon be re-released hopefully..I have a backpatch of the artwork Robert did for it on my glitter hoodie..Yes, I'm a big nerd!
Anyway, had such a wonderful time..The crowd was stomping and singing along with us..we sounded good i think..and only a few people were shouting out "BIg Butts Rule!" and "Fucking Mr. Natural!" towards the end of the night..and i'm excited because my favorite day is coming up soon..Halloween!