Pics from Sophie Crumbs Gallery Opening

















Well here are a mess load of pics from Sophie Crumb's art opening at the gallery in SOHO last week..Her artwork is pretty freakin' incredible and talk about worlds colliding. Shit! My parents showed up and met Robert and Sophie, plus Sturgeon from Leftover Crack and various other artists and squatters. It was packed and I hear people are still going there to check out her work-it's up through December I think. DCKT Gallery at 195 Bowery and Spring St.

Last week was really fun for me-seeing people I don't see that often..running around like a maniac til the wee hours of the morning..going to gallery events..Eli Smith was over and interviewed Robert Crumb about 78's..and John and I did a few songs that will be on Eli's Down Home Radio Live podcast..I will link that when it's up-it was a pretty interesting interview.

Now shit is back to normal for me..well, normal for ME anyway which is vaguely close to the opposite of normal I applied for tons of extra work..like any job that came up. I am willing to play a midget, an old black lady, a balding, middle aged man..Yeah, I'm THAT good dammit!


The pic above is a sketch Soph did of me on a placemat at a Jewish Deli in mid-town..in about 5 minutes..