Crumb Society of Illustrators Opening Reception.













Well, the opening on March 25th was a total and complete madhouse. I guess Robert is used to it, but i've never actually seen him mobbed by hundreds of fans and paparazzi and pushy, crazy people. There were a lot of cartoonists there that I like..Drew Friedman, Joe Coleman, Bill Griffith and more..I freaking love Joe Coleman's work-it's nuts!

Anyway, here are some pics from the opening..Crumb and a bunch of us hid upstairs to eat dinner while the SOI played bouncer and kept people from coming to the table we were at. I still want fame and the love of the world, but man..Robert could not even eat in peace for a minute! I don't think the SOI ever had a crowd like that especially for work that was not even for sale! The exhibition is up through April I think and is great. People who are fans should check it out. The SOI is a great place, with super nice people running it.