Diary of an Oxygen Thief.


The above video is a promo for a novel I just finished reading. The author lives in the East Village..well Lower East Side really and I like to support local artists and authors who are creative and doing well. The book, Diary of an Oxygen Thief, was a great read. The author published it under the name Anonymous which I immediately liked...you truly do feel like you are reading someone's personal diary. An Everyman but one whom you both like and hate at the same time. Told in the first person, Anonymous is an abusive alcoholic who, in the end, gets some payback.
As a woman, you have met guys like him. As a man, maybe you have BEEN him. He's cruel yet honest. And the book is loaded with humor. At times I was cracking up, other times i was thinking "I can't wait until this guy gets his!"
The novel had a surreal feel to it for me. I read it in one sitting just about, and I, myself, felt like I was in an alcoholic haze through some parts of it..Was what the main character going through actually happening? Is he crazy/paranoid or just stating the facts? He is drunk much of the time and I felt disoriented reading it. Which is a good thing. I got my copy on Amazon and I recommend this book for anyone who has been hurt, been a hurtful person, and has dealt with alcoholism. Which is everyone I know!
The website for it is here. Support your local authors! East Fifth Bliss by Douglas Light was made into a film(I was an extra-a barfly. Ha). Maybe the same will happen for Diary of an Oxygen Thief. I can play a barfly in it like a pro!