Around my hood and The Strand Bookstore is confirmed!



















Hello people that read blogs instead of looking at endless videos of cats playing keyboards! Recovering from gum surgery has left me sober and with a lot of time to wander around the neighborhood on painkillers taking photos of stuff! While walking home from the gym I was accosted by the mobile sukkot truck! Last time I was roped into going into one of those they yelled at me for not saying the prayers correctly and hit me with ferns so I ran away..hearing the faint cries of "Miss-Are you Jewish?" following me..HOW DO THEY ALWAYS KNOW?

Then on my block poor little Memo is missing..I am telling you people...a VERY large number of pets are going missing lately. ALIENS! Then I wandered by some chefs chopping up huge fish in the middle of the street..leaving the fishheads just hanging out for everyone to admire. No one was into the samples they tried to push on us.

Then TWO flyers..I have no idea if this is a joke but the lost cat is staring up at the lost bird..COME ON IS THIS REAL OR WHAT?! I want to make a Lost Wendigo flyer to put under the cat flyer. Or a flyer with Alf on it.

And finally, what was once Porchetta Hog which was always empty is now Ballaro Bakery which is also always empty though the bread is good. They are trying to drum up business with these small flyers I saw all over 2nd ave..I hope they last. Nice to see a little bread shop on east 5th..which is a very hard block to maintain a business on.

In News I Am Really Excited about..the Aline Crumb interview is officially confirmed for November 16th at the Strand Bookstore! John, as in John Heneghan from my band East River String Band will be interviewing Aline about her and Robert Crumb's new book coming out soon- Drawn Together, a compilation of the cartoons they have done together over the past decade or so. Lately, their stuff in the New Yorker has been tops! More info about that event coming soon!