Gather Round and Let Me Inform You of.....

A couple of facts.

Fact One: A movie came out a while back that I thought was very well done. Even though I don't care much for Cher, the movie was Moonstruck, and I think she did a great job. Olympia Dukakis was also very good in that movie, and in my opinion had the greatest line. Her husband, Cosmo, came in late from being out with his mistress. Dukakis (as Rose, Cosmo's wife) was waiting for him in the living room and with no expression on her face she said, "Cosmo, I just want you to know no matter what you do, you're gonna die, just like everybody else." In other words, we can do whatever we wish to do in order to regain some form of lost youth, but it's all vanity. We're all gonna die...just like everybody else. According to the Bible, there have only been two men who haven't died. That's a pretty exclusive club and I think our chances of getting in are quite slim. So, stop living like you always have a tomorrow. Carpe diem, and live like it's your last. Live with decency, honor, integrity, kindness and most of all....compassion. It might just make the difference in somebody's life. Not to mention your own.

Fact Two: Opinions are like assholes. Everyone's got one. Differing opinions should not make enemies. During the course of the last election many things were said, written, painted, and sign languaged (you know what I mean) by the factions of both parties. For several days after the election...up to even now...sour grapes and angst and joy and elation have been the recipe for some. It's now time to sit back and return to our normal, lovely, and dispassionate selves. We all should take the step I am about to take. Here it is. If I said anything up to November 14, 2012 that offended, saddened, hurt, disquieted, infuriated, or turned you into a demon beast of hatred from the hottest and most fiery pit of hell....I apologize. I have come to the realization that those on the 'other' side of the fence did not vote solely to ruin my life and stick a hot poker of despair up me arse. They voted their conscience, their beliefs, and their values. As did I. Those on the liberal side of things who are my friends...in my mind...are still my friends. I can only hope and pray they feel the same way. I sincerely and unequivocally apologize if I offended any of you.

That's all.