One of the Biggest Lies Ever Told

I'm fast approaching sixty years old so, believe me when I tell you that I've been lied to before. I've been lied to a lot. Lies here, lies there, lies everywhere. I'll also be honest and tell you that I've lied as well. I've lied about a lot of things. I'm a dirty liar liar pants on fire type of person...and so are YOU. We're all a bunch of liars.

But, what I want to post today is a pet peeve of mine that I've had for a long time. It goes WAY back to when I was just a kid and the talk was going around about pay TV. The biggest selling point was this...."If you pay for TV, you won't have to watch commercials!"

All the people went YAY!!! No commercials? Ever? COUNT ME IN!!! Instead of companies paying the television people for the opportunity to constantly...relentlessly...and mercilessly hawk their products for hours on end before we could get back to our show...we could pay for the privilege of just watching our show without having to hear about the new, improved, low-cost potato peeler with the proverbial..."But wait! There's more!" It was a dream come true. Or...was it?

In the beginning, it was true. In the beginning, I could turn on my TV and just watch my shows. Show after show after show; and no commercials. It was great. But, it didn't take long for them to start sneaking in a commercial about their next show. Then, it was a little quip here and a litle quip there. The next thing you know, I'm sitting there as a virtual prisoner watching a bunch of idiots shouting, "Set it and forget it!" AAAGGHHH!!! Duped again.

Not only are the TV people raking in the dough from us as we continue to funnel our hard earned bucks into their bank account for pay TV, but the companies are still funneling their own money in the TV execs bank account and carpet bombing us with commercials. And, you can't escape. They have their timing synchronized. If one channel goes to commercial, forget changing to another one. They ALL go to commercial at the same friggin' time. All of them!!! AAAAGGGHHH!!!!

Now, I've heard of TIVO, but it's just another gimmick to get your money from you. And, what's more, that's all commercials are. They all want your money. Save here, save there, it's the greatest and the latest and it's only $8,999.00 a month with a money back guarantee if you can find us!! I've often asked people, how are you saving money when you're spending money? And the women. Lord help us when it comes to the women. Their eyes glaze over when they see a sign that simply says SALE. Never mind that they don't yet know what's on sale. But like a herd of wildebeest who travel the Serengeti Plain, moved along simply by instinct alone, the women herd into the store to see what's on sale. What they don't realize, since I used to work in retail, is everything in there has a 300% mark-up. So, when they tell you that everything is 50% off, they're still making a 150% profit and we're still getting screwed!!

We're all a bunch of sheep. No wonder our government lies out its ass to us about everything. They know that we will just baa and go on our merry way eating whatever grass they put in front of us. Most of the time it's artificial turf. And, it's only getting worse.

Plus, there isn't anything you can do about it but throw out the TV. Heaven forbid. A house without a TV? Perish the thought. Baa Baa Baa.