Orange Pekoe



On the outskirts of London is a quaint little Tea Shop where Megan and I treated ourselves to afternoon tea. It was quite a journey out there. We had to take the central line to White Street then walk out to the street and walk 200 yards to another station which had the Hammersmith and City line which is what we needed. Then when we got to Hammersmith we had to enter the bus station and find a 209 or 419 bus that could take us to White Hart Street. It took us about an hour and ten minutes to get this far out.



This place is so cute! It received London's Best Tea House in 2008 by the Telegraph and it also gave you the option of cream tea or afternoon tea. I decided to go all out (and I made sure not to eat lunch) and I got the High tea and Megan went with the cream tea.



All of the orders came with a pot of tea. Megan stuck with the traditional English Breakfast and I chose my favourite, Chai. I ended up drinking three cups of it but I still left the table with my pot half full!



I got so much food with my order! It was five finger sandwiches (cucumber, cream cheese, and mint/ ham and spicy mustard/ cheese and some sort of jam/ egg salad/ salmon with some sort of leafy green thing) and they were all pretty good. The picture is after I had taken a few bites of each and was trying to figure out my favourites! I also had a fruit scone with clotted cream and jelly and a piece of cake that was chocolate with a vanilla cream cheese icing. I ate everything but about half of the icing because I love my lady-like portions of food!

I was eating my amazing scone and I was actually wondering how I would make some of these at home...so here you go! They interesting thing about the scones at this Tea room was that they looked like the homemade biscuits I make at home.

-Chloe