Pics from Cali-Fornication..










Here are some of the many pics I took while in California last week..The first three are a bit out of order..because First, Blind Boy Paxton and I were smiling and enjoying the Jug Band Fest in Golden Gate Park..Then our pleasure slowly turned to shock and horror as we beheld hippies dancing badly at the fest..And you can see my favorite crazy lady enjoying the Jug fest..JUGG fest..ahem..

We visited Winters while we were there and stayed with awesome musician/artist Robert Armstrong, creator of Mickey Rat, member of The Cheap Suit Serenaders, among other things..We got to play some music with Bob and keith Cary, creator of the Commodium..a bedpan based mandolin!!! Yay! Free the Pee! It was a fun time...I liked Winters a lot. We may just stay there instead of SF next time we go out there..Sf was fun but chilly..

Armstrong has these great robots that he builds all over the place..My favorite was COFFEE ROBOT of course! And we got to see Keith Cary's barn full of fun stuff...Then there's Meredith Axelrod, a great musician from Devine's Jug Band, Bob Armstrong and I in front of that handsome mural! And I was happy to see our LP at Amoeba records on Haight Street..What a cool record store..And I just had to snap a pic of some old hippies on the Haight..They seemed confused that Jerry Garcia was not smoking a DOOBIE on Haight..

I'll post more pics of Santa Cruz County and stuff tomorrow..What nice beaches and redwood forests there..and more HIPPIES!!! That whole state smelled like patchouli and unwashed pubes!