I can't believe it's all..BACON! Plus, Stephen Talkhouse!





John and I went to see the Coen Brothers new film A Simple Man the other night..It wasn't my favorite by them, but it was still good like all their stuff is..plus I'm a Jew so I could really appreciate the humor in it..On the way to the film, we stopped into a deli to get snacks for the movie..We always sneak stuff in because not only are the movie snacks insanely overpriced-yeah, i'm paying $8.00 for a bottle of water!-but the food there is the most nasty, unhealthy shit on the face of the earth..Anycrap, the guys in the deli were frying up the most insane amount of bacon I have ever seen. I had to get a pic of it!

Well, tomorrow I leave for Amagansett to play our gig with Crumb, Dom Flemons, and Joe Lauro at the Stephen Talkhouse...should be a swingin' time..I hope people come, considering how far it is..After the NY Post blurb and the fact that Crumb is in town right now promoting his book-I think there's a good chance it'll be packed there..Robert doesn't play music out much anymore since the days of The Cheap Suit Serenaders..He's a great musician and I think people are eager to hear him do his thing..I'll be taking my camera to commemorate the shindig..

Have a swell weekend everyone!

stepen talkhouse site

east river string band website