Brooklyn Folk Festival at Jalopy












Here are some pics from the Brooklyn Folk Festival that went on last weekend. These are only from Sunday, the last day of the fest. John and I played in a park a few blocks from Jalopy..and they had a HUGE paper mache bust of Thomas Jefferson there like the one on the stage at Jalopy itself! That thing freaks me out..it's always judging me when I'm drunk.

Here's the crowd in the park where we played...lotsa overalls to be seen...and Thomas Jefferson's head. Then me by my favorite place-the porto potty!

John's new custom made Fraulini guitar was a big hit-I think everyone there took a turn playing it outside the theater. Here's the head being brought onstage..the the band The Tillers who are from Ohio and came over to hang out the next day. Nice folks..Then The Dough Rollers, Malcolm Ford and Jack Byrnes who sounded great.

A poster of Dust-to-Digitial releases..John has a 3 CD disc set coming out this year from Dust to Digital called 'Baby How Can It Be?" which is an awesome collection from John's 78's of love songs and bawdy songs from the 20's and 30's. Can't wait!

Then the wonderful Mamie Minch playing and the table of stuff for sale by the front door of Jalopy. I wish I went to see more bands on the other two days of the fest but it just didn't happen. I love Jalopy..Best venue for old time stuff around!
East River will be doing a wednesday roots and ruckus night there soon-ish.

On a sad note, I posted a facebook status saying how the ending of Lost was amazing because it was found out that they had all just been up Gary Colemen's butthole the entire time. AND THEN GARY COLEMEN DIED! WTF? I swear I didn't mean it.
And now Dennis Hopper. I said NOTHING about Hopper's butthole and I loved him and Gary both. Wah!