Karaoke with Colleagues.

So my colleagues and I had a great karaoke session yesterday after work. We try to squeeze in precious gathering time like this because we simply don't have enough! Especially now that some of us have left the company, we try to catch up regularly to hang out and have fun. (read: talk about so-and-so.)

When I first joined the company, these were the people that greeted me and made me feel welcomed, and we've been good friends ever since. (especially during lunch time.) And we've been through a lot together! Now that most of them have moved on, the company is left with lots of new people that I can't really connect with. I don't really know why, but it just makes me feel even more grateful that I met these people here.

We used to joke and gossip during office hour and lunch time, and now we can only do it after work. Anyway, yesterday we worked half day and the four of us went out from office to meet our other two ex-colleagues for lunch and serious singing business. We all love karaoke!

I haven't been out to karaoke for a while now, and even until 4 hours of singing, I wasn't that much satisfied! At home, I told my sisters we ought to have our karaoke session soon!

Me with Seraph and Rachel.

Rachel is like an affectionate, really loving and kind big sister. To me, at least. Although I'm sure we're probably at the same age. My favorite moment with her was, well, it's hard to pick one. The most memorable one, I think, was when I had a really bad day at work, and I came back to my desk feeling dejected and angry. Everyone else has gone back home at this point, and I still stayed to finish up some stuffs. Rachel was just about to make her way out, and she popped by in my room (which was already empty) to make sure I was okay. I was feeling down, yeah, but until that point, I was fine, you know? I mean, everyone's bound to have a bad day occasionally, right?

I said, yes, I'm fine. And she just looked at me with this real concern on her face, and she told me that everything's gonna be okay, that she understood how I felt, and that we were in this together so I always had someone if I ever felt too sad. And this is still a mystery to me, but I just started sobbing uncontrollably. And Rachel started panicking, and giving me tissues and I just cried even more. "Don't be sad! Don't worry about work, don't be too stressed out," she said, thinking I cried because I felt really pressurized about work. I chuckled (in between sobs) and said, "No! I was fine. I cried because of you! Because you're just so kind!"

I feel very embarrassed every time I remember that time, because bleh. I let everything get to me, and I hate crying in front of other people. Have you felt that, though? Have you ever just felt so touched and started crying because of human's kindness? Yes, sure, I have, but I don't think I've ever experienced such emotions when the kindness is directed to me, you know? I don't know. Maybe I'm just all over the place that day. Anyway, that's Rachel. She's extremely caring and kind.

With my current colleagues.

Seraph and Miu have been there ever since I joined the company, and they're still there. Erika is our newbie, who just came in our little group since last month. She clicks really well with us too! And I got another Indonesian, at last. It's about time, don't you think? (Yeah, about time I have different facial expression than the usual dumb-clueless-oblivious-stoned-look I used to adapt in the middle of Chinese conversation)

While Rachel is like my big sister, Seraph is more like a friend to me, in the sense that we are more or less the same that we talk really well. Even in the company, we have the same roles, she's the writer for the Chinese section, and I'm the English writer. So we help each other a lot, and we can understand each other's stories and complaints. It's like, we have each other's backs. That's one way to put it. I know! I'm lucky!

Goofing around while we let Miu hold the mic. Haha.

And more.

WTF were we doing? Some inside joke here.

Eileen on the right, is probably the wisest, most mature and fun person to be with! She is the big sister for all of us because, I don't know. I guess all of us just feel comfortable talking to her about anything. She's a good listener and adviser, yet at the same time, she is as crazy and creative as anyone! Because she's Singaporean, her English is better than the rest, which makes it easier for me to talk to her too.

She introduced me to the spicy chicken wings cafe in the middle of nowhere (which I loved!), and gave me the recipe for blueberry cheesecake. (which I tried, but failed in making.) She just knows loads of things, so we know where to go when we're unsure about anything!

It's such a fun evening! I enjoyed spending time with them, and I hope we'll get to do this again soon with the rest of the people that couldn't make it yesterday! We have a colleague from Myanmar who used to be in a band! How bad-ass is that! I already told him he should join us for the next singing session! Anyway, thanks guys and I love you all! ;)

Speaking of songs, here are my favorite tunes this week:
1. Old City - Saltwater Room
2. Snow Patrol - Crack The Shutters
3. Ben Folds ft Regina Spektor - You Don't Know Me
4. Glee Cast - True Colors
5. Morcheeba - Enjoy The Ride

Good day, everyone!