Fireworks! *insert cheesy Katy Perry song here*


Wales Guy Fawkes Day

Guy Fawkes Day commemorates the events that took place on November 5th 1605.  Fawkes, a member of the Gunpowder Plot, was arrested while guarding explosives that were planted underneath the House of Lords.  The bombing was unsuccessful and now every November 5th we get to celebrate with fireworks and a bonfire.  Smores anyone?

 Wales was one adventure after another.  An epic night of music and new friends was followed by a night of spectacular fireworks and nauseatingly fun rides.  Even with the rain and mud, I was pleasantly surprised by the magnitude of the fireworks.  Each explosion was truly magical. I got to enjoy something that is celebrated so majorly in England and I got to do it in Wales. It was like for a brief moment in time the Welsh forgot their need to constantly state their independance from England and celebrate with their friends from the East. The people there were so friendly and it was nice to be able to walk down the street and meet super enthusiastic people. Seriously, they are so enthusiastic. They love Wales and I have to agree, I do too! I had a night that most people can only wish they had, and I got to spend it with some of the greatest people. The country is beautiful, the people are great, and their fireworks show is the BEST. It was an awesome chance to see culture transcend borders and share a little tradition with Wales. I would like London to know they did not disappoint!

-Laura Bennett