Much Ado About Shakespeare



One of my favourite nights out in London was the night that my dear Jenna Kay and I purchased tickets to see the Royal Shakespeare Company perform Much Ado About Nothing, my very favourite of Shakespeare's plays.


I was really excited to see Amara Karan in the role of Hero--I was familiar with her from her appearance in a Doctor Who episode and her small role in The Darjeeling Limited.


The Noël Coward Theatre was very beautiful as you can see.


The set was amazing. It's hard to see, but there's a large tree stage left that the actors could climb and swing from.

The actors were all, of course, wonderful. The man who played Benedick was like a British-Asian Humphrey Bogart and the costumes were GORGEOUS. The wedding dress they used, I would consider using for my own wedding! And for as many times that I've seen this comedy performed, the jokes were delivered in ways I've never heard nor seen.

All in all, the night was a success! Much Ado About Nothing was hilarious and filled with lush pageantry as I've never seen before.

---Victoria Hargrove